Does Kendrick Lamar Have A Tattoo
LOS ANGELES -- If you go to a TDE concert, chances are you'll see fans decked out in Top Dawg gear. Just on Saturday, we found two supporters at the squad'southward L.A. show who flexed their love for the label in a more permanent fashion.
While interviewing fans for a separate piece near the group, we institute Marco Guerrero and Jessie Gomez (who were randomly selected). They had tattoos inspired past Kendrick Lamar and Ab-Soul, respectively.
They each had their own reasons for getting the ink. So, nosotros decided to let them explain why they hit the tattoo shop with their fandom.
Marco Guerrero, 19
Marco Guerrero but has 1 tattoo. And his lone piece is the "i" that appears on the first single off 1000. Dot's To Pimp A Butterfly.
Andres Tardio/MTV News
"Listening to the song, it had such a positive way of looking at life," Guerrero told MTV News after the TDE concert Sat. "The song is basically saying to dear yourself and I like that message that Kendrick is bringing to his fans. So, I decided to go that tattoo to always remember myself daily, to love myself and to do good in life."
Andres Tardio/MTV News
And while he's proud of the slice, he isn't in a hurry to get another. In fact, he may never hitting the tat shop again. "This is my ane and only tattoo," he said. "Information technology's my first tattoo and I got it in accolade of Kendrick Lamar. So, it means a lot to me. Information technology'southward the only i I'll get."
Jessie Gomez, 24
Jessie Gomez's tattoo was inspired by Grand. Dot'southward Black Hippy blood brother, Ab-Soul. Surprisingly, his slice -- the Blackness Lip Pastor's logo -- is in the same spot as Marco'due south.
Andres Tardio/MTV News
So, why did Jessie get this Soulo piece?
"Ab-Soul has become one of my favorite rappers lyrically," Gomez explained. "When I starting time heard These Days… I listened to that anthology and every song got to me deep down.
"Then, when I heard Control System," he added. "I was like, 'Wow. He'due south different lyrically and doesn't talk about the typical sh-t. He talks about life. I connect to him.'"
Andres Tardio/MTV News
Gomez said Soul's introspection -- equally evidenced by "Mayday" -- made him feel that connectedness.
"To me, he talks almost being a loser but making it to where he wants to be," Gomez said. "If you lot hear 'Mayday,' he talks about how he don't got sh-t and is just trying to make something for himself. And I'g trying to make something for myself. I'm trying to better my life to get a better person, to have something to offer."
Source: https://www.mtv.com/news/2243661/tde-kendrick-lamar-ab-soul-tattoos/
Posted by: princeinsty1936.blogspot.com

0 Response to "Does Kendrick Lamar Have A Tattoo"
Post a Comment